(Back to Homepage)
ANALYSIS OF THE OCT. 6 SUPREME COURT ANNOUNCEMENT
How the pro-family movement helped spread “gay marriage” across America
POSTED: October 10, 2014 http://www.massresistance.org/docs/gen2/14d/supreme-court-reaction/index.html
The incompetence of the pro-family legal side [… EXCERPTS …]
It’s especially frustrating to know that there are so many excellent and unassailable (albeit not “politically correct”) arguments and facts about homosexual behavior that were never used.
The pro-family lawyers refused to consider using the vast storehouse of:
· medical dangers,
· psychological problems,
· domestic violence rates,
· multiple partners,
· “gay pride” perversions,
· or suicidal behavior, etc. associated with homosexuality, as counter-arguments. They wouldn’t bring up:
· natural law or morality.
· They certainly would not talk about the emotional trauma suffered by children growing up around homosexual behavior.
· Nor would they talk about the ex-gay movement (proof that homosexuality is not inborn)
· [See 29 ex-‘gay’ testimonies at: www.SuchWereSomeOfYou.org ]
· and the changes that come with healing.
Instead our side came up with only soft arguments like:
· "every child needs a father and a mother,"
· “marriage is about procreation,”
· the need to respect “the long history of traditional marriage,”
· and similar blather.
· In fact, many lawyers on our side accepted civil unions as a reasonable alternative
· and had no argument against homosexual "parenting"
· — which made their "mother and father" argument impossible to defend.